PHD OPPORTUNITY – COVID-19 COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY
The lab of Luis Graca at Instituto de Medicina Molecular is recruiting a PhD student for a research project focused on the analysis of single cell transcriptomes from immune cells implicated in Covid-19. The PhD student will work with different computational methods applied to the study of datasets obtained by sequencing the transcriptome of single cells from Covid-19 patients. The student will join an international environment in a top European research institution with access to cutting edge research facilities and technology. The suitable candidate should have an outstanding academic record, with a strong background in bioinformatics, computational sciences, or statistics. Prior experience in bioinformatics is not an absolute requirement. For additional information please contact Prof. Luis Graca:
Now recruiting young PIs for a new institute at Kyoto University
Please see the attached brochure which can be downloaded at the following URL.
Employment Opportunities – Professor, Center for Cancer Immunotherapy and Immunobiology (CCII), Graduate School of Medicine Graduate School of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine Kyoto University
CCII will be established on April 1, 2020 in the campus of Kyoto University Medical School, and I will be the director. CCII aims to solve problems surrounding cancer immunotherapy and its related immunobiological questions. CCII is well funded and now begins to recruit three to four PI positions from all over the world.
Department of Immunology and Genomic Medicine
Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine
Yoshida Konoe-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501 Japan
Postdoctoral researcher (single-cell genomics)
We seek a highly talented postdoctoral researcher to join our Single-cell omics team at Turku Bioscience Centre. The selected candidate will support method development and implementation in our single-cell omics core facility and work on research projects involving the use of single-cell genomics to understand the regulation of immune responses.
• Implementation and troubleshooting of new single-cell genomics applications and development of quality control strategies
• Supporting researchers in the use of single-cell genomics platforms
• Pursuing research projects involving single-cell genomics
• PhD in a relevant discipline (such as but not limited to Molecular Biology, Genetics, or Biochemistry)
• Experience in genomics including sample preparation for next-generation sequencing
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication in English
• Strong organizational skills
• Experience in single-cell genomics, cell culture, or immunology
• Experience in genomics data analysis
• Experience with command line tools or programming skills in R or python
• Strong scientific publication record
The start of employment is negotiable. The position is fixed-term for 12 months with a possibility for extension. The position is subject to a six-month trial period.
The salary is determined by the collective agreement system of Finnish universities. The position belong to our research personnel and the salary for a postdoctoral researcher will be 3100 – 3600 eur/month in average.
Kindly submit your application no later than March 29, 2020 via the electronic application form of the University of Turku. The link to the application system is at the beginning of the UTU announcement (Apply for the job).
Applicants should enclose with their application a CV, degree certificate(s), list of publications, a short description of applicant’s relevant skills and knowledge, and other documents that may influence the filling of position. All individuals will be considered without discrimination.
For further information please don’t hesitate to contact Tapio Lönnberg (email@example.com).